Weight Watchers Freestyle is for me!

 
I told you earlier this week that I would let you know what kind of plan I would do and here it is! I have chosen to follow the WW plan, formally known as Weight Watchers. To me, this plan makes sense! You are allotted a certain amount of "points" for the day and when you are done with those points, you stop eating. You are also given "weekly" points (I call that my savings account) so that you can go out or go to parties and not worry about it. This plan is a lot like a budget. This speaks my language! 

I joined Weight Watchers about 12 years ago and was very successful, I lost 44 lbs but then earned all those "activity points" and found myself pregnant with our second little munchkin. 😂😁
That's when I had to pause my weight loss journey and here we are back to basics. That's what I am going to call it. In the meantime, I have tried other weight loss plans, like THM, Keto and counting calories but those just don't seem to click with me like WW does. 

This time around WW has the freestyle program that gives you a bit more freedom! Yes they have zero point foods like chicken breast, FF turkey, fish/seafood, beans, fruits, veggies and eggs. This can be great or bad depending. I personally love this because if I am hungry and out of points for the day, I can just go grab some fruit or veggies and call it a night. On the other hand, I have seen some people have issues with the flexibility thinking that because it's a zero point food they can eat a ton of it. Everything still has calories and we are learning portion control. It just depends on you and your will power, determination and want. That's right you have to want to change in order to make anything work. 

Losing weight is hard, staying heavy is hard too. 
Which hard do you pick? 
Another thing about WW that I like is that you have online access and support! The WW app, has everything you need to succeed. It let's you know how many points are you allowed for the day, they also have an area on the app to help you with recipes, eating out. They even have a 24hr help "line" because you never know when you will need their help and they are there for you! Another great perk is the community. The WW Online app also has a "Connect", that is similar to Facebook for WW. I love that we are there for the same reason and can talk about the issues, recipes, struggles and wins we are going through. It just feels like they understand what you are going through more than others if that makes sense. 

To me, the app just isn't the only thing I need to do for myself. I also need to add in weekly meetings (workshops). Yep, I am one of those girls that has to go in look someone straight in the eye and participate in a meeting to not only stay accountable but also to be a part of something bigger than myself. 

I went back to the same meetings I was going to 12 years ago. I have the same coach that I love and some of the people that were there 12 years ago are still going every week. Some of them have reached their goal which is amazing and some of them are returning like me and that's great too.

With determination, hard-work and dedications, I will be at goal too. I was and am in a different season of my life and now is my time! Let's do this!  


Found this on the weightwatchers site. It spoke to me and I need to keep it in the front of my mind at all times.This journey is my choice!  

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote, printing and posting it in the bathroom my office and kitchen!

    ReplyDelete