Time to Get Real


Talk about outside my comfort zone! That's where I am right here sitting in what seems like a chair but my heart is racing and I really am not feeling that great! Why is it that we don't want to be transparent? Afraid of rejection? Judgment? Probably all of those and a whole lot more. We are living in a Facebook world where everything is behind a computer screen, filtered, the pictures are perfect,  the counters are cleaned off (at least in that area), best day of your life is happening because let's face it, we are fake on social media!
Now it's time to get real and talk about my struggles with my weight loss journey, the fear of being compared and being judged. Now it's time to show the real me!
I have actually struggled with my weight my entire life! I don't remember a time when I was skinny or a similar size to my friends. There I go with all that comparing and judging again. I have tried so many different things but after a couple of days or weeks it just didn't stick. It was probably me, I like fries and sauces. They are really tasty and my kryponite. 

Last year I decided to join in on the Slique in 60 challenge. That is where you take Slique Products along with a healthy diet. I figured, it can't hurt right, it's only 60 days. I'm not sure what made this different. Maybe it was just my attitude and determination. It could have been that I was sick and tired of being this way. I didn't win the challenge, or did I? When I look at that embarrassing picture above, I see hope and possibilities that I never felt possible, along with cheek bones and a chin that has disappeared. Holla!

Am I perfect, goodness NO but I am just trying to be the best me I can be. I don't even know what that looks like exactly!  

As of last year I am down 38 pounds. That is a huge achievement for me and because of that I can actually believe that I can lose 38 more. I might not truly believe I will be one of those skinny girls but baby steps are happening over here and that's great! Maybe I am not meant to be the cute little skinny girl, I am just meant to be the cute little Geri and that's ok with me.
I have already signed up for this year's Slique in 60 Challenge. It helped me see less of a chin last year so let's see what else I can lose, maybe a roll or two from my stomach! HA! 

With all the fear that comes with it, I will be documenting my journey here if you are interested. I can't promise anything but my realness. I might have a great week but I could have a horrible week where nothing went good. I guess that's where the "Time to Get Real" comes in huh?!?

If you are on a similar fitness journey I would love to hear that I am not alone, leave a comment so we can keep each other accountable.

4 comments:

  1. I love fries and sauces, too, so I'm right there with you, Geri! And pancakes, Fritos, butter....

    Anyway, I love your transparency and honesty. I'll be traveling along with you, so let's have a fantastic journey together ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's do this together Pink70! I would love that! I feel this is going to be a long road and would love you right by my side!

      Delete
  2. I love all food! I love your transparency! I am so excited to see your results! I just might join you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you do, that would be fun to do this together!

      Delete