Are Your Stores Stocked Back Up? #Pandemic


UPDATE: Went into Sams Club a week after this post and was able to get some produce. This refrigerator area was not full but it had more than what is pictured.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Month 4 of the quarantine/pandemic and this is my Sam's Club in Las Vegas this morning! Today is Tuesday, I do have a plus membership so this is when they first opened at 8am. 

This is the produce department, not the toilet paper aisle, the fresh produce! I am not going to lie and say that this is something I was prepared for. In fact, most of my shopping list this week was fresh produce. I thought the stores were getting stocked up again until now.  

I am hoping and praying that this is just a weird thing, like a truck not coming in or something. I asked a few associates but got different answers from each one. 

  • One associate said that they haven't had any produce for the last week or so. 😲
  • Another associate said that she picked up produce last Friday before the holiday weekend. 😁
  • And the last associate said that the trucks come daily and maybe they will have produce and maybe they won't, no one ever knows. 😱

I am sure the trucks will show up later today or tomorrow. I know things happen and I am sure that the farmers and distributors are having more and more complications with the COVID crisis but this for one doesn't help my anxiety levels. 

I thought I was doing great wearing the mask without a panic attack but now I have to wonder if our stores are going to have food in the coming weeks and months. 

For all of you that know me, you know I am a planner and this "unknown" times is a bit too much for me. That's why I had to come up with some different ways to reduce the stress of our everyday life. I even created a guide to help you with quick and easy ways to reduce stress.  

How are you handling all the "new" normal stuff that has been going on? 

No comments:

Post a Comment