Vision Board Planning Step One: Losing 50 pounds

HAPPY NEW YEARS!! 

A couple of days ago I actually posted about my Vision Board for 2015. What was I thinking? Now you all know my goals and are going to keep me accountable. I realized that with all the emails and comments I received; now the pressure is really on. 
Since there's no going back, I'm just going to take that Vision Board List one step at a time. 

The first thing I am going to focus on is the weight goal of 50lbs in one year.
For the last year, I have been following Trim Healthy Mama about 80% of the time. THM is a new way of looking at food. Sisters Serene and Pearl teach you not only how to satisfy your cravings and give you more energy, which is exactly what you would expect, but they also take your health to a new level.  They show you how to balance your hormones, how to re-fire your metabolism, make your skin glow, ignite marriage intimacy, simple but effective exercise plan and answers for postmenopausal women.

This book is jam filled with information, 700+ pages in fact. In this book, you will find 250 recipes to get you started. These recipes are absolutely delicious. I found recipes that my family LOVES and would want regardless of my new eating plan.
This book was so big I personally took it to Office Max and had them split my book, separating the information portion from the recipe portion. I took the recipe portion and the index making my very own "THM Cookbook". I also took some extra printer paper, cut it to size, and had them add that to the back so I could add additional recipes in my book. I have found tons of recipes on Pinterest. I don't always want to look on the computer and try and remember the awesome meal I made last month; it is hand written in the back of my book and ready for me to grab.

I know many people that are following THM and are very successful. I, for one, am a turtle loser. I lose at such a slow rate it is very discouraging and then I want to quit.

I thought my goal of losing 50lbs this year was realistic until Brandy mentioned, it's one pound a week, consistently. I really need to break that goal down to help me achieve it. So here goes. I am going to work on January!
  • Going to eat on plan 
  • Drink enough water daily 
  • Meal plan weekly. Making a plan is the only way I will succeed
  • Pre-make some meals for easy quick meals
  • Clean out pantry to organize a THM area 
  • Clean out freezer to make a THM area  (making it easier to grab food when hungry)
My goal is to lose 10lbs in January on Trim Healthy Mama. I figure you always lose more the first month, and I need to account for that. I don't want to get too confident, where I feel I can eat whatever I want for a while. That will only sabotage myself.

What are your goals for 2015, and how are you working to accomplish them?


No comments:

Post a Comment