It's All About WATER


I have heard all my life how important it is to drink water!  Growing up I would hear we should drink 8 - 8oz glasses a day. Now that I am older I hear we need to drink half your body weight in water.  It doesn't really matter which one you follow, just make sure that you are getting enough water on a daily basis.

Here are a few reasons you should be drinking all the water you can. 

Your body is made up of 60% water. That is super important especially because it not only helps get your body functioning properly but it helps with your circulation, digestive, saliva, absorption and so much more. 
Have you ever been constipated (sorry but someone has to talk about it) and wondered what's really going on? Most of the time you are low on fluids. So next time you are struggling to get things to "release", drink some more water and see if that fixes your pipes. And you thought fiber was the only thing to help when constipated.😉
I found these amazing Contigo water bottles, they are 20oz so this way I can easily keep track of how much water I am drinking. I love that I can put mine in the car and the water stays cold! That's incredible to me, especially because it gets to be 109 degrees outside and no one likes to get a refreshing drink of HOT WATER. 😕 It's worth having an amazing water bottle. 

Water helps to break down the foods you eat. Did you know that when you are drinking water at meal times it actually helping your digestive system. It's true and we need all the help we can get. The foods that we are eating now don't have the same nutrients that our parents or even grandparents were getting. Our bodies were not meant to digest these GMOs or processed foods. Even if you are eating amazingly with whole foods, they are still not the same as 50 years ago. The pesticides and soil alone have changed the quality of our food. That's just one more reason it is important to drink extra water and help our bodies every chance we can.

Weight loss is another great reason to make sure you are drinking enough water. It is not a magic drink but it does help to fill up your stomach with a non calorie beverage like water and you have less room in your belly for your meals. Meaning you are eating less calories. It also helps you to stay healthier by absorbing the important vitamins, minerals and nutrients from the foods you eat. How awesome is that. If you want to know some other great ways that I have been able to lose 40lbs be sure to grab my free guide here.

Helps to fight illnesses. We have already talked a little about constipation but did you know that drinking extra water can help reduce kidney stones (I wish someone would tell my husband. He drinks so much Mountain Dew and ignores me when I tell him to drink more water). Reduces UTIs, and if you have ever had one you might be thinking, "it's so worth drinking extra water not to have to experience that uncomfortable again". I agree! 

Helps with cognitive brain function. Who knew that water and staying hydrated helps with so many things, including your brain function. It helps to keep you focused, alert and helps your short term memory! 

Helps brighten your day, starting with your complexion. You read that right! When you stay hydrated it can reduce the effects of aging. 

Prevents dehydration! That just sounds silly, doesn't it?!? Of course it prevents dehydration when you drink enough water but this is super important! When you are dehydrated it can cause swelling in your brain, kidney problems, seizures and other scary complications. I also was told by a doctor recently that for every cup of coffee you drink you need to drink two glasses of water. Did you know that those amazing cups of coffee help to dehydrate you? I didn't either.  

I guess the moral to this story is drink enough water and make sure that you are drinking extra in the summer time when it's hot and you are sweating more. 

How much water have you been drinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment