Instant Pot Refried Beans


I am really not sure anyone can make Refried Beans look great in a picture but I will tell you that this recipe is absolutely amazing and easy to make! 

I promise to get a picture of the beans before the family devour them. (It's true, it is a thing)

Using the Instant Pot is the only way that I will make these because they are so fast and delicious. No need to sit and watch your food cooking. It is just doing the work for you so you can do other things. I love that kind of cooking. 


Ingredients:
  • 4 cups dried Pinto Beans
  • 9 cups water
  • 1 yellow onion (quartered)
  • 2+ TBS minced garlic (your preference)
  • 1/2 - 1 Jalapeno (I use canned)
  • 6tsp Salt
  • 2tsp pepper
  • 1/8tsp cumin
Directions:
I rinse off my pinto beans in a strainer. 
The rest of this recipe is just dump it in the Instant Pot. 
Add all ingredients and stir
Turn the IP on manual for 45 minutes. 
Make sure the seal is closed
When it is done and beeps, let the IP natural release for about 10 minutes. 

Then you want to release the pressure, and open up the IP away from you. It will be super hot. 

I take a large glass and start taking some of the water (only) out of the pot. You will need some of the water for reserves.

When you think you have enough water out of the pot, grab that Immersion Hand Mixer and start blending the beans right in the IP. 
If you feel that you don't have enough water, add some in. 
If you feel that you have too much water, take some out. 

From this point on this is your preference. 
You will want to blend these until you get the consistency that you like. 
You can't mess this up

I usually keep some of the reserved water for the leftovers. That way when we eat them the next day they are not dry. 

Enjoy! 

If you have leftovers you can freeze them. I like to put them in Food Saver bags and pull them out weeks later when we need them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment