Finding Easy Ways to Save Money Part 1

Saving money does not have to be hard. It doesn't have to be like the show from years ago, Extreme Couponing. It can literally be you looking around the house and finding little ways to save money. 

I am probably the only one in the entire world that never thought of this until today. If you are already aware of this incredible yet simple trick, why didn't you share it with me! You could have saved me a ton of money over the many years of living on my own. 😜

When I am usually to the end of a mayo, jelly or any other kind of jar that you scoop out with a knife, I do what I can and then throw away the jar. No big deal, I move on to the next one. Today for some reason I thought about how much was really on the sides of our mayo jar and I grabbed a regular silicone spatula. Seriously! Why didn't I do this years ago. 
I had really no idea how much was on the sides but I figured it was a tablespoon or so. I was in total shock that it was almost a half of a cup of Best Foods Mayo. That is a lot!! Just think of how much I have wasted over the years because I just didn't pay attention. It really only took about an extra minute to scrap the sides. 

You bet I am going to be telling my son he needs to do that with the Jelly, ohhh maybe the peanut butter jars too. It's like an entire world has opened up in my head of how much we actually waste. 

What are some extra things you do to save money here and there?

Want other great tips? Grab my guide: 3 Easy Ways to Save Money HERE 

No comments:

Post a Comment