What a week!

Things have been very crazy lately. Since when do we ask our friend, "On a scale of 1-5 how quarantined are you?" 

Not sure about your life but I was on a roll, finally getting a routine and then BAM! Now, I'm a bit frazzled. My routine is totally rocked, the kids are home and trying to figure out their new life on Google Classroom for 5+ teachers each. 😲 I am trying to juggle helping them with what time this zoom is and what time that assignment is due. All that while trying to figure out how to get more supplies, when the grocery stores shelves are close to empty. 

This mom thing is no joke, I just wish I got the memo to pick up toilet paper. Who knew! 😁

I see all the awesome mom's with their daily schedule, down to what time the kids have lunch, electronic time, math and you get the jist. I love that they are so organized and are great at this. I, on the other hand, am lucky if I get dressed for the day. (Don't judge, I am sitting here right now in jammies debating if I should bother getting dressed). 
I am working on setting 3 daily goals this week that will help me feel accomplished and working toward a better time being in this quarantined home. 

Apparently, getting up and dressed in the morning should be my first goal. Ha!

Drink lots of water- I know that sounds crazy when we are all short on toilet paper but that will help you not only stay away from the refrigerator, but it helps with your attitude, and all the reports I have read said to drink plenty of liquids. Preferably not iced drinks but room temperate or warm. I love adding lemon or lime in mine. If you are not able to find those you can always add a drop or 2 of Lemon or Lime essential oil to your water. It not only taste great but it will help your digestive system and helps uplift your emotions. I know I need that especially right now. 

Working out- Gyms here are closed and I am assuming they are closed in your areas as well. We have lots of options to workout. We can leave the house and go for a walk, ride bikes, go for a hike, just as long as you are 6 feet away from others. We also have options to workout from home! Thank goodness for technology! Right now you can head over to the YMCA Facebook page to gain access to workout classes that you can do at home. How amazing is that! Don't forget to comment here to score a 30 day family pass when everything opens back up.  

Declutter- Being home has made me realize how small this house is getting. Maybe it is all the "stuff" that we have. This is a great time to tackle an area of this house and start decluttering.
This is not my love language but I will tell you that having less, or at least knowing where everything is, can be such a blessing and reduce some of the stress and anxiety people are feeling. I could use all the help I can get. If you would like to work on your house as well. We are creating an accountability group for conversation, support and tips that I would love for you to join. Comment below for more information.

Don't forget that when we reduce the stress and anxiety levels we are also helping our immune systems. If we are trying to fight whatever is going around, we need to have strong immune systems.

What are you working on each day to get you through this time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment