New Year New You: All those dreams for 2019

Something about New Years means new beginnings. Not that last month I didn't have hopes and dreams but it just feels more obtainable this month! How crazy is that!

Do you make New Years Resolutions? Goals? New Plans? Pick a word for the year? I have never done that before. Let's face it all my New Years Resolutions are finished by January 9th and here I am feeling like a failure for the rest of the year. That's not a great way to spend the next 356 days of 2019! This year I am going to have grace, acceptance and do my very best to make this a rocking year.

I have to admit, I am really glad that 2018 is over! It wasn't the best year but that's how the roller-coaster of life happens, right?!? One year is great, another just sucks! That was my 2018!
In June, my mom was admitted in the hospital with chest pains and ended up having a triple bypass.

In July, we had a slab leak at the house and we had to have a crew come in and take out my cabinets, my floors, my carpet. They pretty much stripped my entire house. The house is not back to normal yet (waiting for home owners insurance to finish approving things) but we are heading in the right direction. 

This year I am going to work on a Vision Board. Maybe if my dreams and goals are right up in my face I will have to pay attention. Right, that's how it works? ha! 

I have picked a word of the year: RISK! 
For those that don't know me. I am a mega planner. What that means is I have no spontaneousness in my body and I plan everything. When I am done planning it, I plan it again and then over analyze it to death. I am afraid to GET OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE and MOVE! That is all going to change or at least it is right now on day 5 of 2019. I am my own worst critic!

I have weight loss goals and a plan! I will talk more about that next week

I am still following a budget and Financial Peace University and we are going to be debt free! We fell off the wagon a little and need to work on getting that 6 months emergency fund in place! That feels like such a huge number but I know we can do it. I will be working on my frugal tips throughout this year as well. 

I have all these things that are going to go on this Vision Board. I just need to get it down so I can see it. Another thing I am going to do that is out of my comfort zone is write about my progress here! How scary is that?!?
That is probably the scariest part, what if I fail? What if I have a bad day, week or month? What if I am a laughing-stock of the internet? What if I don't lose the weight? What if I don't save enough money to hit my goal? I can "what if" this entire process to death. See over-analyzing everything! 

Good, bad or ugly! It will be right here for you to see. Now I have to do it, right because you all are watching!

What are you working on in 2019? Leave a comment below and let's work together!

2 comments:

  1. We can always "what if" ourselves out of fear. I like the idea of picking a word of the year. I, too, find myself in my head with fear and worry of failure. In the past I have quit things in fear of failure. How stupid is that? Quit so I don't fail. I think my word will be "succeed." I will succeed in school, in my upcoming job, in being a good wife, mom, sister, friend and daughter.

    I look forward to hearing about your journey and pushing myself further as well! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I know you can do this. I am very similar, I quit so that I don't have the opportunity to fail. Such crazy thinking.
      This year you WILL "succeed", but we can only SUCCEED and take RISKs if we don't quit!
      We got this.

      Delete